Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Our News Director Sheryl Worsley and me

So after my hand accident in December I swore off community service for quite some time. (see earlier blog). But today I did something much safer than operating power tools...answering phones for our KSL/Primary Children's Medical Center Radiothon. It's my 7th year volunteering, I've done it every year since I've worked at KSL. Just for a couple hours, but I am always so humbled being there. Not just from the stories of such strong families facing the adversity of their children's health problems but at the generosity of such wonderful people in this state that gladly give of their money to support children's healthcare at the hospital. I even took a pledge for $10,000 from a man that asked to remain anonymous! It is a tremendous amount of work for a lot of my coworkers but over $490,000 was raised!

Everyone hard at work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments!