Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Shopping...

I admit- one of my fav things on Thanksgiving is getting the ads in the paper for Black Friday! I spent some time late that night scouring the ads and devising our plan. Instead of getting up mega-early and hitting the crowds, we slept "in" until 7, and Eric and I went to Walmart expecting police, fights and no parking spots. Instead- no lines, small crowds, found a close parking spot, etc! Went in, grabbed the big SONY LCD for our bedroom (we've had the same TV in there for 15 years, it's about time!) grabbed tons of other doorbuster deals we wanted and left for Shopko. Again, no line, no crowd. They said they were out of what I wanted, but I walked to the back toy isle anyway. Sure enough they were gone but right then some lady takes one out of her cart and puts it on a random shelf! (I know, I'm charmed). Then Target, Old Navy, Sams Club, and Fashion Place Mall. Same thing. Everyone else in Utah must have got up at o-dark-thirty and hit the crowds but I sure didn't! Finished about half the shopping for the kids in just a few hours. Got home just in time to get to work on a crazy day on the websites. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments!