Saturday, June 14, 2008

Late Night Ramble

Sometimes it's so scary when the kids get sick. I always feel so bad for them and wish it was me instead. My kids very rarely get sick however this last week has been an exception. Brandon's had walking pneumonia and the Dr. diagnosed him with mild Asthma. He's doing much better now but has to do breathing treatments and antibiotics for a few more days. It's a very rare thing for us to take meds or for my kids to have antibiotics. Occasions like this, you don't have much choice. I'm up this late blogging about it because I can't sleep- Jane had a rough night last night with a fever and slight cough and now tonight spiked a fever of 104.5. We woke her up to get her fever down in a tepid bath and I tried my best to get some Motrin in her but after her crying I don't think we even got half of it in her. After getting her settled again it went down to 103.5 and I just couldn't let myself sleep- I had to come log on and check WebMd to make sure there wasn't anything else I should possibly be doing for her. It shouldn't be any cause of harm because it's more about the other symptoms than the fever. She has a mild but deep cough. I certainly hope she's not going to end up with what Brandon's had. The Natural Health book seemed to be more help than online so far. Lavender, Tea Tree, and Eucalyptus Oil in the tepid water and afterward on washcloths. At least I feel like I'm doing something! Oh and quick tip! Did 'ya ever see the email that kept going around on getting your child to stop night coughing when they have a bad cold? It says to put Vicks on their feet and put on a pair of socks. Seriously folks, it works. However, the email never said why but it's so obvious. Eucalyptus Oil is an ingredient in Vicks. Eucalyptus Oil has been used for centuries to relax the nervous system. So everyone thinks Vicks is the miracle cure, it's not, it's the essential oils in it that are!

4 comments:

  1. I hope she is better too. Do you buy a certain brand of the oils and where do you get them from? I think we might have something similar going around in our family too, but our temps didn't spike up to 104--wow. It is so scary when kids get sick.
    Kristee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristee- Young Living Oils! They're fab.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments!