Thursday, January 24, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Those of you that know me well know that I am an incredibly task-oriented person and leave myself with very little relaxing time, if any. I haven't watched a movie in what seems like years and I never really go out with friends or anything like that. Honestly though, I really do take pleasure in the everyday 'chores'...cooking, cleaning, organizing, gardening, folding darling girls clothes, you know what I mean. You've gotta do it, you may as well enjoy it! If I could be a stay-at-home mom I would be, and I would revel in every moment. I digress, back to my point. Although I don't have much playtime, I do have a few very small guilty pleasures that I treat myself with (ok, the occasional episode of Girls Next Door), but I have found a new and favorite guilty pleasure that has become a small obsession. Something I think about as I'm trying to finish up the dinner dishes as fast as I can (one-handed, still can't get my right hand wet!), something I think about as I sit in stressful meetings at work (yes, went back on Tuesday), and something I look forward to just having a few short minutes to indulge in as soon as I can sneak away and do it. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel young again (I'm still young but you know what I mean). I forget about all the stresses in life when I am with it, and it really brings out the inner rock-star in me. Yes, you guessed it, I am talking about GUITAR HERO III!

Santa Claus searched far and wide to find an elf that could make one in time to bring to the Francis boys. I am so glad he did. They have enjoyed it tremendously but their mother has fallen in love! If you have never played it, you won't understand but if you have, I have to brag that I am now on level 'HARD' and can 4-5 star every song on Medium. Metallica's 'ONE' in is in particular my favorite.


Seriously though, I stay on task and limit 'non-productive' time I can have, I really only play 1-2 songs (if that) a day at the most BUT what a great way to de-stress and forget about the world! If you don't have one, I highly recommend it. Speaking of, I think Weezer's 'My Name is Jonas' is calling me.......(hey wait, that's my maiden name!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you got to hard?? I can barely do some songs in medium... I've only played a few times at friends houses. We don't have it. It is so fun though. You have to try jumping and kicking your legs out...

    ReplyDelete

Love comments!