Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tagged! 25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged in Facebook and since I haven't been able to update much lately, I figured I'd post here! Please share yours if you've done yours!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

1. My 3 kids are all approximately 6 years apart, mostly coincidental and based on our life situation at the time. (14, 8, and 2) My primary motivation behind pretty much everything I do is for my kids. Being a mommy is so rewarding and every day I’m amazed at how smart and freaking cute my kids are (proud!)

2. I’m happy and in a good mood the majority of the time. Just don’t piss me off! I am extremely sentimental. I am grateful, blessed, and lucky.

3. I can’t touch ANYTHING in public bathrooms, or door handles in ANY public place with my hands. Huge phobia. Germs~Ew! I’m a freak about washing my hands.

4. All I every really want to be doing is spending time with my family and friends.

5. I have worked full-time since right after graduating high school and never stopped- always wishing one day I didn’t have to and I could be home with the kids. Conflicts with #6!

6. I have always known I’d be filthy rich one day and I’d make the money all by myself.

7. I get miserable morning sickness the first 16 weeks of pregnancy but I’m grateful for the experience anyway.

8. I have a crazy photographic memory for details- however I can hardly remember many big memories from high school.

9. I can play just about anything on the piano by ear but can’t read sheet music to save my life.

10. I have a running tally in my mind all the time of the next most urgent task to be accomplished. I have a tremendous ‘responsibility theme’. If it needs to get done, I will do it. I’m a workaholic, getting things done so I can relax and have fun.

11. I’m crazy passionate about gardens, gardening, flowers, bulbs, Iris, trees, shrubs, seeds, soil, pots, vegetables.... I’m getting all excited just writing it. I can throw out the name for any plant put in front of me, its ideal growing conditions and how to best care for it.

12. I love LOVE love to cook, bake, and just be in the kitchen. I get chills looking at a good cookbook and wish I had time to make everything in it.

13. I can’t decide which season I love best, because I love them all and try to enjoy them to the fullest. I’m very excited for the sunshine and early flowers of Spring!

14. I love the outdoors and camping. We have a 30.5ft Motorhome. Campfires, dutch ovens, motorcycles, lawn chairs, camp chefs, fishing poles, ATV’s, bacon, boats, water in any form and dirt or sand make me giddy.

15. I recycle or re-use everything possible. I literally can not throw plastic, steel, cardboard or glass in the garbage. Sin! I also have a big ‘ol compost bin for all the good stuff to put back into the earth. I get extremely upset when I see water being wasted. Note to people who water their lawn everyday: WTF! Once a week, people…once a week. (In Utah, that is..)

16. I literally worry (seriously) when I am in public places such as Disneyland, Las Vegas Buffets, and any other crowded place about what happens to the leftover food and hope that it doesn’t get wasted.

17. I despise it when people speed in residential areas or by schools. Freeways? Guilty as charged.

18. I was able to have Jane naturally with no drugs. On purpose.

19. I feel bad for babies who aren’t breastfed at least for a little while (strange but true, sorry! C’mon, it’s liquid gold, people!)

20. I can’t function effectively when things aren’t organized or clean. Trust me, they’re not all the time, but I try to make it so. I’m beginning to think I’m a freak after writing all this!

21. I can’t ever decide what my favorite color is because I love them all! Purple, green, blue, yellow, red, orange, geez I can’t pick!

22. I rarely pay full price for anything. I’m not cheap, I’m smart. I only buy quality but I know when, where, and how to get the best deals on anything. I work way too freakin hard for my money to blow it.

23. I don’t take any medication or pills for a darn thing. Au natural, baby.

24. I have a wild side that rarely, if ever, comes out. When I’m good I’m really good, but when I’m bad, I’m better.

24. I wish I had a singing voice like you, Christine or you, Rachel!

24. I love learning from and talking to others. I try to surround myself with motivated, smart, interesting, positive and fun people.

24. I have never been out of the country but I adore traveling and exploring new places with my family or friends. I just hate packing though. I love Disneyland. It truly is the happiest place on earth and we have a constant countdown to the next trip. The looks on the kid's faces are priceless.

25. I love reading blogs. No idea why- even if I don’t know the person I’ll find myself reading all about their kids’ 1st birthday and be all happy for them. And facebook? A colossal waste of time but an addiction none the less. I’ve looked at all of your pictures!

Let the harassment commence. Did you notice I repeated #24 4 times?

1 comment:

Love comments!